About the Engage Chicago Network
Engage Chicago Network is a Great Collaboration (John 17) of caring congregations & ministry organizations & corporate leaders who are passionately pursuing the Great Commission (Matthew 28) by living out the Great Commandment (Matthew 22)
Local Networks & National Partners • Loving Neighbors • Resourcing Communities • Sharing God’s Faith, Hope, Love…
We believe everyone in Chicagoland’s 77 city neighborhoods and hundreds of suburban communities should have the opportunity of being authentically loved by at least one committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Every person should know God loves and cares deeply about them… which is possible when
- Every Christ-follower commits to a simple biblical lifestyle of praying for, caring about and sharing with family, friends, coworkers
- Every congregation and ministry gets “out of their seats and into the streets” with a demonstration and declaration of the Good News of Jesus
We believe that it is time for a great movement of Godly love in the United States – and beyond. It is time to recommit ourselves to follow Jesus Christ unreservedly and to share His love in deed and word with every possible person who comes into our lives.
We are asking you to engage your neighbors in acts of kindness, community development, seeking justice, sharing good news
We are praying for a great movement of authentic love generated by our deep love for Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
May the love of God fill our neighborhoods and communities as never before and spread to the other cities across the nation and around the globe.
It is time to share Christ’s love!
The Prayer-Care-Share Life
- PRAYER. The Holy Spirit moves in wonderful and mysterious ways when we pray for people. He convicts, woos, and draws people to Jesus. Every follower of Jesus has the opportunity to pray for others to receive Him and enter His family. Jesus asked the disciples to pray for workers to reach the harassed, helpless and lost. Every one of us can do that as we pray for others to come and follow Jesus.
- CARE. “Love your neighbor as yourself,” Jesus commanded. He personified that as He was moved with compassion by the needs of people. Jesus responded to hurting people by caring in loving ways such as feeding the hungry, healing the sick and comforting the bereaved. Jesus said His true followers would be known by their lives of love. Unconditional love is our DNA as committed followers of Jesus.
- SHARE. There are many ways we can be sharing the Gospel with others for whom we have been praying and caring. It could be as simple as inviting them to a church service, a Bible study, a movie, a concert or another special event where the Gospel message is being shared. Or we may guide them to an evangelistic website, a book, a DVD or share our personal testimony or engage them in a spiritual conversation.
- …more resources @ LOVE2020.com